Create a Give InKind Page here. Understand the whole page creation process below...
We offer an easy way to create a support portal, for those looking to know how and when to help a Give InKind Page's recipient. The end result of the CREATE process is a Give InKind Page that houses your story, Wishlist and Care Calendar. It also shows preferences for visitors, phone calls and flowers. There's even a way to accept financial donations via PayPal or display your GoFundMe's campaign & progress.
Most page setup is done during the quick and simple CREATE process. Upon completion, you will be prompted to expand on your story and needs upon page creation. You can start adding to your Calendar, Wishlist or dive into helpful articles.
Give InKind Page creation goes as follows:
- Use the dropdown to choose who the Give InKind page is for. For the purpose of this walkthrough, we will assume the recipient is you. Once recipient has been selected, you will automatically be scrolled down to the next step.
- Choose the type of situation you are experiencing by first clicking one of four main situation categories, and then checking any applicable sub-situations. If you can't find your specific situation, choose General Support>Ongoing Support to continue. Check any and all sub-situations, across as many situation categories as apply, and best define your exact situation. Click NEXT.
- Choose your features and preferences.
• Care Calendar - Displays a calendar on your page that you can add and edit items on, just like you would any calendar application.
• Wishlist - Use the Wishlist feature to show exactly what people can do to support you. Add products by clicking the plus (+) icon on product tiles and product pages.
• Financial Contributions - Provide a quick way for supporters to send contributions via PayPal, or display your GoFundMe campaign info and progress.
• Visitors - Turn this off if you aren't seeing anyone right now. Be sure to turn it back on when you're ready – take as looooong as you need.
• Flowers - There are various reasons why you either can't have flowers sent, or don't want them sent.
• Phone Calls - Much like visitors, sometimes the calls just need to be put on hold. Options for accepting texts or providing an alternate number are available as well.
- Provide page info.
• Give it a Title — something that friends and family will instantly recognize as yours like "Francine's F-Cancer Page" or "Baby Bridgette is HERE!"
• Hide from public search results — Checking this hides your page from Give InKind's search. Only people that you share the page link with upon completion, will be able to reach your page.
• Upload a photo — a visual is another way supporters will instantly recognize your page
• Include a shipping address — Provided for your supporters to take note of, before exiting our site to purchase items from your wishlist on third-party sites. Click NEXT.
That's it! After you check the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions and click the FINISH & VIEW PAGE button, you'll be taken to the Give InKind Page you just created. Here you can include your story, and any special notes you'd like to provide on your page, such a dietary restrictions, or recovery progress.
This now makes you the page's "Organizer". You can change everything you entered in the CREATE process, on the completed Give InKind Page by clicking the orange editing indicators (visible only to you when you're logged in) throughout the page. Calendar items can be added and edited like in any calendar application. Add items using the orange button next to the CARE CALENDAR title. Edit them by clicking on the item's row.